The Caring Adoptions Mission: Identify and educate prospective parents
Parent education sessions are a regular part of Caring Adoptions' adoption process. Sessions prepare prospective parents for the arrival of their child and offer support to parents following that arrival.
Sessions offered include:
- Adoption 101 (general information)
- Adoption 102 (domestic adoption, in depth)
- Baby 101 (basic infant care)
- Child developmental issues
- Bonding and attachment disorder
- CPR and First Aid
- How to handle adoption-related issues of adopted children (such as, “Where did I come from?” and “My ‘real mother’ would buy me that!”)
- And other topics to enhance the adoption process and parenting skills
Peer interaction is a way for our families to meet other families that have been created through the adoption process. Peer interaction events include:
- Put Kids First Spring Event
- Adopted Child’s Holiday Event
Click here to see event pictures.